Culture of Varanasi

Tourism & Heritage of Varanasi

Varanasi is also known as the holy city of India. Its is among one of the oldest city of India with a rich cultural heritage. It is one of the most sacred cities of Hindus. This city has a magnificent History .here people bathe in the holy waters of the river Ganges and perform the last rites of the people here. This city has more than 2000 temples, including the most famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple.

From ancient times, This city has been a popular attraction for foreign tourists and invaders. This city is also known as Banaras. It is known as the cultural capital of India because it is the only city of India that reflects the ancient holy culture of the whole of India.

Varanasi Tour

This city is Archeologically, mythologically, Geographically, and Historically rich. This city is a religious attraction for Hindus only, but This city is a primitive worship place for all Jains, Buddhists, and Tirthankaras. In Hindu culture, it is known as the Own city of Lord Shiva. Many saints like Kabir and Tulsidas belong to this city Varanasi.

Latest Update:- Banaras Population 2021

This city is situated on the banks of river Ganga and hence gets a geographical and economic benefit. There are many stories about its ghats. It is believed that the Ganga river had the powers to wash away all your sins; hence all people take holy baths in its water.

Varanasi is the first preference for the tourist, and it is correct in aspect if anybody wants to know and explore the culture and heritage of India. It is a famous epicenter for tourism in India. On average, there are about 1 million tourists who visit Varanasi in a year.

Tourism also earns a good revenue for the Uttar Pradesh state. It is one of the most precious sources of income for the governing authorities.

Varanasi tourism department [role & responsibility]

for maintenance such a Cultural capital of India, a lot of planning and management is required; hence the Uttar Pradesh and the Varanasi Government had taken steps to create a separate tourism Department. That will monitor and manage all the tourist-related activities over the city of Varanasi.

The department of tourism or Varanasi Tourism Department works for the better growth of tourist activities in the city, such as

  • Providing facilities to the tourist at their ease
  • Making a safe and secure environment to ensure safe tourist movements throughout the city
  • By maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene in the city, it can attract a large number of tourists to the town.
  • By preserving the rich culture and heritage of India and maintaining all monuments and artworks of ancient times
  • Creating a friendly approach to the tourists and giving them a top priority for anything.
  • Spread of advertisement of cultural heritage city Varanasi.

Culture and tradition of Varanasi

Culture of Varanasi

The Varanasi city had a rich culture and tradition .it is also known as the cultural capital of India .some of the famous things about the culture and tradition of Varanasi areas.

Most of the people, about 98% people speak Hindi, and the rest 2%, speak Urdu and Bhojpuri language.

It is situated near the banks of river Ganga, which geographically benefits this city and helped this city grow economically in ancient times and modern days.

It is also known for its art and sculpture worldwide because it is the world’s oldest surviving city, and it has preserved lots of art sculpture heritages within itself.

This city is also known as the capital city of Knowledge; from ancient times, knowledge has been one of the most critical factors for the development of this city. At present, it also has the world’s renowned university BHU with itself.

Banaras or Varanasi is also famous for its Dance and Music, and drama. Its favorite drama or folk play, Ramleela, is celebrated all over the world.

The crafts of Banaras are also one of the most crucial points of attraction across the world Benarasi silk sari is a perfect example of this. It takes more than six months to craft one Banarasi silk sari.

What is the famous art heritage of Varanasi?

The most famous art heritages of Varanasi are all those things that contribute to making a rich heritage of Varanasi, such as Banarasi Sarees,  Handicrafts, sculptor, textiles, folk art, textiles, Toys, Ornaments, Metalworks, fiber crafts, etc.

Kashi Vishwanath is one of the most famous Art heritage of Varanasi. That not only depicts Indian sculpture but also depicts and expresses the culture of Varanasi.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *