Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY): The prime minister of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana or the PMJJBY in 2015. Firstly, It was presented in the Budget for 2015 by the budget committee in the Parliament.
This is one of the most effective schemes launched by the government of India as this scheme provides assured health insurance for accidental death coverage.
The scheme aims to provide a primary and general life insurance policy at the Ground level of the society.
In this PMJJBY case of the person’s sudden death, the government provides an accidental coverage of 2 lakh rupees to his/her family.
This PMJJBY needs to be renewed every year as its validity is Only for one year once restored.
The policy-holder needs to pay a nominal amount of 330 INR, which means even less than 1 rupee a day.
In case of any accidental demise of the policyholder, the nominees will get an Amount of 2 lakh INR.
This scheme launched by the Prime Minister of India is mainly an affordable and purely insurance policy, where no investment component by the policyholder is involved.
In the beginning, the policy was offered by the Life Insurance Corporation of India or the LIC India; later on, many other insurance companies came forward and offered the same with some tweaks and twitches.
This policy or scheme is run and managed with the help of collaboration with many banks across the country.
|Schemes Name||Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY)|
|Minimum Age To Apply||18 Years|
|Maximum Age Limit||50 Years|
|Minimum Premium To Pay||Rs. 330/- per year|
|Toll-Free Number||1800 209 8700|
|Payment Mode||Auto Debited From Bank Account|
|Risk Coverage||Rs. 2 Lakh|
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) Benefits
- There are various benefits of this PMJJBY some of the benefits are listed below –
- This scheme provides a life insurance claim of Rs.2 Lakh to the nominees of the insurance policy in case of sudden demise / accidental demise of the policyholder
- This is one of the most affordable and cheapest life insurance policy, which can. Be claimed by anyone.
- The policy-holder needs to pay just Rs.330 per annum for this policy, .which is even less than Rs 1 a day. Although there are no such Benefits as Maturity or surrender of the Policy.
- The premium paid by the policyholder is free from tax as a deduction under section 80C of the Income-tax Act India.
Eligibility of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
If you want to join Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) then below are some points which you should follow.
- Any person who is better in the age group 18-50 years can avail of this Policy, and he must need to have a savings bank account.
- His Aadhar Card must be linked with the Bank Account.
- His mobile number must be linked with both the Aadhar card and Bank Account.
- Anyone having more than one Bank accounts can also avail of this policy.
- In joint accounts, all the members related to the joint statement are eligible for this Yojana./policy.
Documents Required For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY)
To avail of this PMJJBY insurance policy, the policyholder needs the following documents with him-
- Bank Account details
- Bank Account Passbook
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Address proof
Check More Schemes
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (mudra.org.in) – application form online, interest rate, PDF
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) – Online Apply, PDF, Certificate
- Digital Health ID Card 2021 Apply Online
- E-Shram Card Online Apply Online
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2022-23
- CM Anuprati Coaching Yojana Apply Online
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojna
How To Apply For The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Offline
To apply for this Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana PMJJBY the applicant must have to follow the steps given below-
Step 1- the applicant needs to go to the nearest bank where the applicant has his/ her bank account (the bank must be registered under RBI).
Step 2- the applicant needs to ask for the PMJJBY insurance in the Bank to the concerned person.
Step 3- then the applicant is provided with a form in which the applicant needs to fill the consent for the taking up of the Policy and Linking it with the Bank Account.
Step 4- attach all the necessary identify proofs.
Step 5- Then the applicant needs to pay the premium of Rs.330 for one year.
Step 6- Collect the receipt from the Bank and the certificate of the Policy.
How To Apply For The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Online
The Applicant can apply for this PMJJBY insurance policy online also via their bank websites. for example here Bank of Baroda the applicant needs to follow the given steps –
Step 1- Open the official website of the bank and search for the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana or PMJJBY. Here for example Bank of Baroda. (https://www.bankofbaroda.in/personal-banking/insurance/pradhan-mantri-jeevan-jyoti-bima-yojana)
Step 2 – click on apply now button.
Step 3-fill all the necessary details.
Step 4- Upload all the necessary documents.
Step 5- pay the insurance premium.
Step 6- download the certificate of the insurance.
How To Download The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Certificate.
To download the certificate from the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana PMJJBY, the policyholder can either download it from the Bank’s Official Website or you can collect the certificate from the nearby bank branches like here we can take icici bank-
Step 1- go to the official portal of your bank’s website and search for the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana PMJJBY option there. (https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/insurance/pradhan-mantri-bima-yojana.page)
Step 2 – Click on enroll now option.
Step 3- Login via valid credentials like User Id and Mobile number.
Step 4 click on the download PMJJBY insurance Certificate option
Step 5 – download the certificate.
How To Cancel Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
To cancel or withdrawal your Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti BimaYojana, the applicant needs to visit their nearest bank where they have an account.
And they have to provide their identity proof for the withdrawal of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Terms and Conditions
You can take advantage of applying PMJJBY in all the banks of India that have been approved by RBI. But the terms and conditions of all the banks are different.
In whichever bank you are applying Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, it is important to know the terms and conditions very well. You can get all this information from the official website of the bank or from the bank employee.
Name Of All Bank List Where You Can Claim For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd.
- CSB Bank Ltd.
- City Union Bank Ltd.
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- DCB Bank Ltd.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Federal Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Induslnd Bank Ltd
- IDFC First Bank Ltd.
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Karur Vysya Bank Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd.
- Nainital Bank Ltd.
- RBL Bank Ltd.
- South Indian Bank Ltd.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
- YES Bank Ltd.
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
- Saptagiri Grameena Bank
- Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
- Telangana Grameena Bank
- Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
- Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank
- Au Small Finance Bank Limited
- Capital Small Finance Bank Limited
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank Limited
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Limited
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited
- Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank
- Saurashtra Gramin Bank
- Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
- Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Fincare Small Finance Bank Limited
- Jana Small Finance Bank Limited
- North East Small Finance Bank Limited
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank Limited
- India Post Payments Bank Limited
- Fino Payments Bank Limited
- Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
- Ellaquai Dehati Bank
- J&K Grameen Bank
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
- Madhyanchal Gramin Bank
- Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank
- Maharashtra Gramin Bank
- Manipur Rural Bank
- Meghalaya Rural Bank
- Mizoram Rural Bank
- Nagaland Rural Bank
- Utkal Grameen bank
- Odisha Gramya Bank
- Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank
- Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
- Tripura Gramin Bank
- Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
- Bangiya Gramin Vikas Bank
- Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
- Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Kerala Gramin Bank
- Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Dakshin Bihar Gramin Bank
- Punjab Gramin Bank
- Jharkhand Rajya Gramin Bank
- Karnataka Gramin Bank
- Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Tamil Nadu Grama Bank
- Aryavart Bank
- Prathama UP Gramin Bank
- Baroda UP Bank*
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd.
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait BSC
- AB Bank Ltd.
- Sonali Bank Ltd.
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- BNP Paribas
- Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank
- Societe Generale
- Deutsche Bank
- HSBC Ltd
- Mizuho Bank Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Doha Bank
- Qatar National Bank
- JSC VTB Bank
- United Overseas Bank Ltd
- Mashreq Bank PSC
- First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC
- Emirates Bank NBD
- Barclays Bank Plc.
- Standard Chartered Bank
- NatWest Markets Plc
- American Express Banking Corporation
- Bank of America
- Citibank N.A.
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank N.A.
- SBM Bank (India) Limited*
- DBS Bank India Limited*
- FirstRand Bank Ltd
- Shinhan Bank
- Woori Bank
- KEB Hana Bank
- Industrial Bank of Korea
- Kookmin Bank
- Bank of Ceylon
- Credit Suisse A.G
- CTBC Bank Co., Ltd.
- Krung Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
In which state you can apply Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
|State Name||Apply Now|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh(AP)||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Click Here|
|Daman and Diu||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh(HP)||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh(MP)||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu(TN)||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh(UP)||Click Here|
|West Bengal(WB)||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On PMJJBY
What is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana PMJJBY is a scheme launched by the government of India in 2015, to provide life insurance claim for everyone at a minimal cost of Rs. 330 per annum.
Who launched Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana PMJJBY is presented in the parliament by the government of India and was launched by the Prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
How to login into Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
you can log in to your Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana by login into your account using your registration number and registered mobile number on your bank’s website.
When was Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana started?
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana was started in May 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which is providing huge benefits to the people till date.
What is the age limit for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, the minimum age should be 18 years and maximum 50 years. It should not be more or less than 1 day.
|Visit Govt Site||Click Here|
|Nnvns Home||Go Here|
|All Government Schemes||See Here|