The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is one of the most effective schemes launched by the government of India. Affordable housing solutions are provided to the Poor people, and this scheme is for both rural and urban poor. The system’s main aim is to provide 2 crores of affordable housing by the end of 31st March 2022.
This Yojana is generally divided into two parts-
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)- PMAY-U
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural/Gramin)- PMAY-G
The main focus of the PMAY-U is on providing access to better homes for the Urban poor, whereas the PMAY-G aims to provide better housing for the rural people of India.
Later on, this scheme is merged with other schemes also to maintain the quality of living of the poor people of India, and this scheme is merged with other schemes as follows-
- Merged to ensure that the houses will be compulsory to have toilets.
- Merged with the Saubhagya Yojana to ensure electrical connection to the houses.
- Merged with Ujwalla Yojana to ensure LPG connection to the houses.
- And many more schemes like providing drinking water and Jan Dhan banking facilities.
By the end of 2019, it is reported that around 1.12 crore houses were built against/under this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) List 2022-23
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List is the list that contains your name and other information regarding your application on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना), and it also confirms your availability/ eligibility. The PMAY releases a separate list for both Rural and Urban Departments.
Given Below is the state-wise data of the progress of this PMAY Scheme State-wise.
|State Name||Target||Completed||Completion||Click To Apply Now|
|Andaman & Nicobar||1,372||273||19.9%||Apply Here|
|Andhra Pradesh(AP)||1.71 Lakh||46718||27.33%||Apply Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||18,721||209||1.12%||Apply Here|
|Assam||5.16 Lakh||2.30 Lakh||44.67%||Apply Here|
|Bihar||21.89 Lakh||8.82 Lakh||40.3%||Apply Here|
|Chhattisgarh||9.39 Lakh||7.39 Lakh||78.72%||Apply Here|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||7,605||411||5.4%||Apply Here|
|Daman and Diu||15||13||86.67%||Apply Here|
|Goa||427||2.03 Lakh||5.85%||Apply Here|
|Gujarat||3.35 Lakh||209||60.48%||Apply Here|
|Himachal Pradesh(HP)||8,285||21,190||83.14%||Apply Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||1.02 Lakh||21,190||20.83%||Apply Here|
|Jharkhand||8.51 Lakh||5.73 Lakh||67.35%||Apply Here|
|Karnataka||2.31 Lakh||79,547||34.38%||Apply Here|
|Madhya Pradesh(MP)||22.36 Lakh||15.24 Lakh||68.15%||Apply Here|
|Maharashtra||8.04 Lakh||4.03 Lakh||50.13%||Apply Here|
|Tamil Nadu(TN)||5,27,552||2,19,182||41.55%||Apply Here|
|Uttar Pradesh(UP)||14.62 Lakh||13.90 Lakh||95.04%||Apply Here|
|West Bengal(WB)||24.81 Lakh||14.22 Lakh||57.33%||Apply Here|
|Total||1.60 Cr||96.96 Lakh||60.65%||Apply Here|
PMAY Official Tweet
Documents needed to apply for the Pradhna Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY)
If an applicant wants to apply for the PMAY scheme he/she should have the following documents –
1. Identity Proof Documents for Salaried Person
If you have a fixed salaried income then you need any of the documents given below, just read.
- Voter Card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Govt. issued ID card with photo
- Verified letter from a government official with a photographs
2. Address Proof Documents for Salaried Person
If you have a fixed salary then you need any of the documents which are given below to prove your address. So, when you visit to apply for any document then take any of the below documents with yourself.
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID card
- Utility bill
- Ration Card
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bills
- Notarized Rent Agreement
- The property tax paid receipt
- Verified letter from a government official with a photograph
- Bank Statement from post office saving account
- Self/Family Pension payments orders Letter provided by your employer on a company letterhead
- Bank Statements showing your address
- Credit Card Statements
- Copy of the deal while purchasing the property
- Copy of Life Insurance Policy certificate
- Leave and license agreement from employers allocating official accommodations
- Documents issued by the government department of a foreign jurisdiction or a letter issued by any foreign embassy
3. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Income Proof Documents
|Salaried (If you have a job then you)||Self-Employed(If you have any business or any other source of income then you need)|
|* need Previous 2 months salary slip.|
* previous 6 months bank statement.
* Latest Form 16 / ITR.
|* Income Tax Returns paper for the last 2 years.|
* Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statement of your business.
* Last six months statement of your current account
4. Other Documents for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- PAN Card
- Sales Tax
- VAT Registration Certificate
- SSI Registration Certificate
- Registration No issued by ROC
- Shops & Establishment Certificate
- SEBI Registration Certificate
- Factory Registration Certificate
- Professional qualification Certificate
- Degree Certificate for Professionals
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Export-Import Code Certificate
- Trade License Certificate
- Partnership Deed
Eligibility of PM Awas Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना
If anyone wants to apply for this PM Awas Yojana, the applicant must fulfill the given below eligibility –
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The annual Income of the applicant Must be between 5 lakhs to 18 lakhs.
- The applicant or his/her family members should not own any pucca house in India.
- People belonging to ST/SC categories can also apply for this scheme.
The PMAY Eligibility Criteria for different income groups of India is listed as below-
|Middle Income Group I (MIG I)||Rs.6 lakh to Rs.12 lakh|
|Middle Income Group I (MIG II)||Rs.12 lakh to Rs.18 lakh|
|Lower Income Group (LIG)||Rs.3 lakh to Rs.6 lakh|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Up to Rs.3 lakh|
How to apply for PM Awas Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना आवेदन कैसे करें ?
The PMAY aims to provide housing solutions for the millions of urban and rural poor. The last date to apply for this PMAY scheme for the LIG and EWS Category is 31st March 2022. For the MIG(1 and 2) Category, it was 31st March 2019.
There are 2 pages on which you need to apply for PM Awas Yojana-
Page 1- here you need to enter your Aadhar Number, it will get verified from the UID database.
Page 2- here you need to enter the personal details of the applicant and other personal details such as a present address, family head, and other essential details.
The PM Awas Yojana can be applied via two categories, which are –
- Under other 3 component
- Slum Dweller
So, if you want to apply for PM Awas Yojana then you have to choose any of the two categories and then follow the steps given below.
Under other 3 components–
The EWS, MIGs, and Lower Income groups are considered as beneficiaries of the Housing for all by the 2022 Project.
A slum is a community residence that has poor hygiene and people of the weakest section of the society live there with almost zero facilities these people can apply for Housing for all by 2022 with the PMAY
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits- Under Other 3 Components Online:
Step 1- open the official page of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana i.e. http://pmaymis.gov.in/
Step 2- log in using valid credentials.
Step 3- select the option of ‘benefits under other 3 components’ lying under the Citizen Assessment tab.
Step 4- Enter your Aadhar Number and click on the submit button.
Step 5- Now you will be redirected to another page where you need to enter your personal details in an online application form.
Step 6- enter all the details properly and enter the captcha code and click on the save button.
How Slum Dwellers Can Apply for PM Awas Yojana Online
Step 1- Open the official webpage of the PM Awas Yojana i.e. http://pmaymis.gov.in/
Step 2- Now under the Citizen Assessment tab select the “For the slum dweller option”
Step 3- Now enter your Aadhar number and get it verified.
Step 4- Now you need to enter your personal details
Step 5- once you will enter all your details get it checked and type the captcha code and click on the submit button.
How to Check My PMAY Urban List 2021
Step 1- go to the official website pmaymis.gov.in
Step 2- go to the Select beneficiary option and click on the search by name option in the drop-down menu.
Step 3- Enter your Aadhar details.
Step 4- if your Aadhar number is present in the database you will get all the details related to your PMAY application.
How to Check my PMAY Gramin (Rural) List 2021
Step 1 – open the webpage given- https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/Benificiary.aspx
step 2- enter your PMAY registration number, your PMAY scheme application list will be displayed there.
Who can be benefited under PMAY ?
The PM Awas Yojana ensures the welfare of the poor people of the society, not only just the poor people this scheme ensures the welfare of the-
- Economically Weaker Section(EWS)
- Lower Income Groups(LWG)
- Middle Income Groups(MIGs)
- Slum people
How do I check my PMAY Application Status
To track your PMAY Application status follow the given details-
Step 1- open the official web portal of the PMAY scheme.
Step 2- Go to the Citizen Assessment tab
Step 3- click on the option- Track your Assessment Status option
Step 4- you will be redirected to another page named as- track application status.
Step 5- Now choose the Assessment ID option
Step 6-Enter your PMAY Assessment Id and click on submit button
Step 7- you will get your PMAY Application status.
Benefits of PMAY scheme
PM Awas Yojana ensures to provide housing solutions to the urban and rural poor people by providing subsidies on the Interest rate of home loans. Some of the key benefits are as-
- People with this scheme can get a subsidy of up to 6.5%on housing loan.
- Houses will be constructed using sustainable and ecofriendly technologies.
- Senior citizens will get extra benefits in this scheme.
Instructions related to PMAY
In case of any queries relating to the application process contact toll-free helpline number(customer care number):
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Calculator
From the above, we can conclude that this Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is one of the most effective initiatives by the Indian government to eradicate urban and rural poverty as well. This scheme not only helps people to get their personal homes but also helps people to be independent and provides them relief on interest rates.