A certificate that acts as a legal record certifies and declares the bond of bride and bridegroom is known as A Marriage Certificate. In India, the concerned states and state governments are empowered to issue marriage certificates.
So, if you want to know full information about marriage certificates then stick with this article until the end.
- 1 Benefits of a Marriage certificate.
- 2 Marriage registration Act In Uttar Pradesh
- 3 Eligibility Criteria of Marriage Certificate
- 4 Marriage certificate documents list.
- 5 Marriage registration fees in UP.
- 6 How to apply for marriage certificate online.
- 7 Download marriage certificate in UP online.
Benefits of a Marriage certificate.
The following are the benefits of a marriage certificate.
- A marriage certificate creates an official record that the marriage had occurred.
- A marriage certificate helps to secure the minimum age for marriage, and thus it helps prevent Child Marriages.
- This certificate helps the widow to claim the inheritance.
- It helps to check bigamy or polygamy.
- The certificate allows women to claim their rights in case if their husband abandons their wife.
- Apart from all these, this certificate continues to help in providing passport service and visas to obtain immigration benefits.
Marriage registration Act In Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Marriage Registration Rules 2017 states compulsory registration of all the marriages in the state. Central Government’s rules on marriage registration have been implemented in Uttar Pradesh since August 2017 BY the Women Welfare Department.
As per this rule, The State Government Had made all the Marriage registrations mandatory in the state, not only for the Hindu community but also for all communities, including the Muslim community.
Eligibility Criteria of Marriage Certificate
The bride and groom should have the following eligibility to acquire a marriage certificate in Uttar Pradesh.
The groom or the bride should be a permanent resident of India for obtaining the marriage certificate in Uttar Pradesh.
At the time of the marriage, the concerned party should have a living spouse.
The groom must have attained the age of 21, and the bride must be 18.
Any of the below-mentioned places should fall within the jurisdiction of the Registering.
- Officer in Uttar Pradesh
- Residence of bridegroom
- Residence of the bride
- Solemnization place
Marriage certificate documents list.
The following documents are essential for acquiring and registering marriage certificates in Uttar Pradesh.
- Marriage registration Application forms
- Affidavit in the prescribed format.
- Age proof of both Groom and Bride (Birth certificate or Mark Sheet)
- Address Proof – Ration card, Voter ID, Driving licence, Passport
- Address Proof – Aadhaar Card, PAN Card and Voter ID
- Photographs of couples (Joint Photo of bride and groom)
- Wedding Card (Marriage invitation letter)
- Witness Photographs – Two witness
Marriage registration fees in UP.
The Registration fees for issuing a marriage certificate in Uttar Pradesh are as follows-
|Marriage Registration within the month of solemnization||Rs 10/-|
|Marriage Registration after 30 days of solemnization||Rs 20/-|
The Uttar Pradesh Government Had also fixed penalties for late marriage registration additional Rs.10 for delays up to a year and Rs. 50 for every additional year.
How to apply for marriage certificate online.
the Uttar Pradesh Government had made marriage registrations completely online through an online Aadhar based process, and for this process, both bridegrooms should possess valid Aadhar cards to register their marriages.
follow the given steps to register a marriage in the State of Uttar Pradesh-
Step 1- visit the home page of IGRSUP(Integrated Grievance Redressal System).
Step 2- FIND Marriage certificate Column there and select on the apply now option over there.,you will be redirected to another page, read all the information, and click on the proceed button.
Step 3- Now, there will be an Aadhar verification of the groom. This groom’s number linked to the Aadhar card must be entered there and complete the CAPTCHA verification and select proceed. An OTP will be sent to the Groom’s number for verification purposes.
Step 4- Now enter the received OTP in the webpage; Groom’s information will be fetched from the aadhar database.
Step 5- Now, there will be Verification of the bride, so on the page, you will be asked to enter the Bride’s Number, i.e., linked with Her Aadhar card. Another OTP will be sent to her number, enter the OTP,
Step 6- Now bride’s Information will be fetched from the UID database. Click on the Next button.
Step 7- Now fill in all the necessary details on the next page, such as all personal information you have been asked for.
Step 8- In this step, you will have to upload photographs of the bride and the groom; upload Both photographs and click on the Save button.
Step 9- Now, You will be asked to enter some more personal details of the groom, fill in all the necessary details carefully and click on the Save button.
Step 10- Now, you have to enter Marriage details in this step like marriage date, Marriage Venue, etc
Enter all the details and click on the Save button.
Step 11- Now in this step, You have to enter all the details of the witnesses, including their photographs. Fill in all the details and upload photographs and click on the Save button.
Step 12- Now, you can preview your Filled application, and all the details entered by you will be displayed in a form format.
Step 13- Check all the filled details, and if everything is correct, click on submit button.
Step 14: Once your application is submitted, you will be an allotted an Acknowledgement number; keep it for future reference.
Step 15: Now you will have to pay Marriage registration fees, which have to be paid online. From any of the payment gateway given and you can pay Online from Debit Card/Credit card/UPI/ Mobile Banking, etc
Step 16- After completion of all the above steps, the concerned authorities will issue A marriage certificate.
Download marriage certificate in UP online.
- log in to the IGRSUP(Integrated Grievance Redressal System) Portal. (https://www.igrsup.gov.in/igrsup/defaultAction) Using your Application Number and password sign in.
- Enter the captcha code for human verification and click sign in.
- Now you can Download the marriage certificate.