As we all know that India is a developing country and in our country, there is a lot of sex discrimination between males and females, no doubt it is changing with time but still the sex ratio of girls is less than the boys in our society.
And in the state of Odisha, it is a very drastic condition that many girls cannot afford their higher studies due to this gender discrimination.
Hence to stop this gender discrimination and provide a better future for the girls the Odisha Government had launched The Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana to support girl child and girl education in the year 2018. This Yojna is basically focused on improving the conditions of a female child in society.
What is Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana in Odisha?
The Biju Kanya Ratna yojana in Odisha runs in the following given table format, please refer to the given table below-
|Scheme Name||Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana In Odisha|
|Launched Date||Sep 2016|
|Celebration of the launched day||100 years of the Biju Patnaik|
|Launched By||Biju Patnaik|
|Monitored By||State Women and Child Development Department|
|Districts||All District Of Odisha|
|Helpline Number||2536775 (O)|
|Target||To Empower Female of Odisha|
|FAX Number||FAX at 2406756|
This yojana in the state of Odisha has been monitored by the State Women And Child Development Department.
Another Scheme Of Odisha:
What are the features of Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana?
The main features of this Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana are given as follows-
- This scheme is totally funded and monitored by the state government. All the financial support and assistance are also provided by the State Government Department.
- The scheme has been implemented as a pilot project or on instant action on some selected districts on the success of this scheme in that districts, this scheme has yet to be launched across the state.
- The tenure of the scheme had stated as 3 years in the scheme.
- The main aim of this BKRY is to improve the sex ratio in society, Not this only the government also wants to shape a better society using this BKRY scheme.
- This scheme is mainly launched in the three districts of the state of Odisha where the sex ratio is very much poor as compared to the other districts based on statistical Reports.
According to this BKRY scheme the female /girl child will be given high amounts of financial support for their higher academic studies.
This scheme also ensures that all those candidates/applicants who had registered with this scheme will be given improved education facilities and many other facilities.
Apart from all the above, This scheme also aims to create awareness about sexual development, reproductive functions, and resistance maneuvers among all teenage girls.
This scheme is applicable for those only who fulfill the following criteria-
The applicant must be a citizen of the state of Odisha only.
Those families who had one/two girl children can only avail of this scheme. The maximum number of girl children a single family can register with this program is two.
NRI child or child having NRI parents are barred from this scheme.
All candidates applying for this Yojana Must have their bank account to get benefits under BKRY. The bank account is named as Sukanya Samridhi Account
How to Apply for Biju Kalyan Yojana
This is a government scheme that launched in 2016, but this scheme is only for 3 years and the Bijhu Kalyan Yojana was closed in 2019. So, now you can’t apply for this Yojana.