Ayushman Bharat Yojana is one of the biggest health care schemes launched by the Government of India, Prime minister Shri Narendra Modi has Announced and launched the Ayushman Bharat yojana in 2018. It is also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arorgya yojana scheme(PMJAY). The main aim of this healthcare scheme is to cover the hospitalization of more than 50 crores of Indian citizens and nearly 10 crore, underprivileged families, without any limitations pertaining to family size and age.
In This Article, you will get to know all the information and features related to Ayushman Bharat Yojana
PMJAY scheme or Ayushman Bharat Yojana helps the citizens and the household to avail the best healthcare services with insurance coverage up to INR 5 lakh for each family per year for tertiary and secondary hospitalization expenses. Ayushman Bharat Yojana or PMJAY scheme includes nearly 1,400 different types of treatment like knee replacement and Brain surgery.
Who are Eligible for Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The Citizens whose name is listed in SECC (Socio-Economic Caste census)
Database and active RSBY (Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana) cardholders are eligible to avail of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or PMJAY scheme benefits.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya yojana allows eligible citizens to get all the healthcare services across India.
Eligibility criteria for Rural
In Rural areas, the PMJAY scheme Health Cover is available to:
- The households who are living in Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe.
- Families with no male member aged 16 to 59 years
- Economically poor families who are living in one room
- Primitive tribal communities
- Landless households earning a major part of their family income from manual labour
- Manual scavenger Family
Eligibility criteria for Urban
In Urban areas, the PMJAY scheme Health Cover is available to
- Domestic or Local Workers
- Home based Artisans like Tailor, sweeper
- Labour, painter, security guard
- Plumber, Mason
- Electrician, mechanic
- Rickshaw puller, Transport worker
- Waiter, Peon, Shop worker
- Hawkers, Street vendors, Cobbler
Documents required to apply for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme
- Identity proof (Aadhar/Pan card)
- Contact details
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Document proof the current status of the family to be covered (joint or Nuclear)
How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme Online
Applicants or Households can register on the Official website of the PMJAY scheme pmjay.gov.in.
follow the below steps to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme online
- Open the official website on your browser pmjay.gov.in
- Now you will find a question mark click on it
- Enter mobile number,CAPTCHA code and click on Generate OTP button
- Select your State and Selects Search by Names or HHD Number
- Now enter your document number and other details
- If your family is covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana, then your name will be displayed in the results.
How to Download Ayushman Bharat card Online
Below are the steps are given to download your Ayushman Bharat card Online
- First, visit the PMJAY scheme official website pmjay.gov.in
- Now, enter the email id and click on generate password
- Enter the Aadhar number
- And click on approved beneficiary option
- Now enter your password in CSC and pin number
- Website will be redirected to the home page
- Download option will be seen click and download your Ayushmman Bharat golden card
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
There are many Benefits covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme.
All the benefits are stated below
- Ayushman Bharat yojana scheme covers Medication, Post-Hospitalization expenses
- In case of multiple surgeries, the cost will be covered for the highest package and second and third surgery it should be covered 50% and 25% respectively.
- Ayushman Bharat yojana scheme covers the treatment cost of anchology with chemotherapy for 50 different types of cancer
- The beneficiaries under Ayushman Bharat Yojana can also avail follow-up treatment coverage
- The major benefit of Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme is treatment and healthcare facilities is available across india is free of cost
List of critical Diseases covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme
- Prostate Cancer
- Skull base surgery
- Pulmonary valve surgery
- Anterior spine fixation
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns