The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a new scheme by our prime minister ” Narendra Modi” for the Financial Inclusion of the households.
The Yojana was announced by him on 15 August 2014. This scheme will particularly aim towards the financial independence and knowledge of the people by providing them access to banking facilities, financial literacy, access to credit cards, financial knowledge, savings, pension facilities, and insurance.
The Yojana has benefited lakhs of citizens till now and the government is also trying to reach each and every urban and ruler corner of India. To know more about the scheme application procedure, eligibility criteria, documents required read the full post.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2021 – प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना
|Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना)|
|Applicable For||Indian Citizens|
|Launched By||Narendra Modi|
|Banks Included||Public and Private Sector Banks.|
Pradhan mantri jan dhan yojana bank list
The scheme has made all the possibilities to make the yojana available for each and every bank but there are few banks which could not make it to the list, The public and private sector bank which has made it to the PMJDY 2021 are listed below-
Public Sector Banks available for PMJDY 2021
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank Of Baroda (BoB)
- Bank Of India (BOI)
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank Of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI) and all it’s 5 affiliated banks – State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Private Sector Banks
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Federal Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- ING Vysya Bank Ltd.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
- YES Bank Ltd.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Almost every Indian Citizen is eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Pension Yojana but to specify it further the scheme is available for those who are-
- Must be a Citizen of India.
- Shoukd not have any valid document of Indian nationality can also open a Jan Dhan Yojana bank account,but the bankwill check the background of the individual and claims him or her as ‘low risk’.
- People who already have an existing basic savings account in any bank can transfer or link their accounts to Jan Dhan Yojana accounts.
- People who will submit any ID proof autorized by gazette officers are eligible.
- Must be above 10 years of age and those below 10 years can open a minor account along with parent support.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2021
Before applying for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2021. You must keep all the documents ready on your device so it’s handy for you to go with the application procedure. The list of essential documents are mentioned below-
- If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other documents is required. If address has changed, then a self certification of current address is sufficient.
- If Aadhaar Card is not available, then any one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport & NREGA Card. If these documents also contain your address, it can serve both as “Proof of Identity and Address”.
- If a person does not have any of the “officially valid documents” mentioned above, but it is categorized as ‘low risk’ by the banks, then he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
- Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
- Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2021 Online Apply
Step 1- Visit the Official Website https://pmjdy.gov.in/
Step 2- Download the Registration Form from the website.
Step 3- The Account Opening Form is available in both Hindi and English. Select Your Preference and fill in the details.
Step 4- Take the Print out and fill in all the necessary details,
Step 5 – Attach all the documents required to it.
Step 6 – Complete the formalities by the bank also.
Step 7- You have successfully registered for the Yojana.
How is Eligible for Jan Dhan?
The eligibility criteria have been mentioned above.
Who can open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account?
Through Online Mode (Procedure Mentioned above)
Which bank is best for PMJDY?
Axis bank is considered to be the best.
If you have any queries or doubts regarding the online registration, Status of PMJDY Yojana 2021. You can refer to our article. If still not clear then you must visit the https://pmjdy.gov.in/scheme. Hope you get all your answers and the yojana works wonder for you!.